Monday, June 12, 2017

Number 6: Code Orange - Bleeding into the Blur

Bleeding into the Blur” by “Code Orange
Requested by “Dylan Depaula”

Reaction to Name/Title and Predictions

I like the name of what I predict is a song. I predict it’s a metal band, maybe heavy metal. I’ll say 00’s metal. I’ll say, fast paced song and heavy, maybe punk (even punk rock, probably alternative too).  

Reaction from the first Listen

More modern than I predicted, but otherwise I wasn't far off other than on pacing which switched between a little slow and moderate speed. Very enjoyable and loved the ending vocals/grunting and instrument playing.

Review/Thoughts

Lyrics:

The lyrics seem to be vague, which isn’t bad. Possibly something to do with the church, belief, or mainstream music? Maybe just about a person or character.

Sound:


Only thing I felt was lacking a little was the vocals by the lead vocalist, seemed slightly bland, not too much range or volume used. I liked all the instrument playing and have no complaints there. Nice segment with no vocals in there too. I liked the creepy feel right before you get midway through the song. I give it an eight out of eight, besides the lead vocalist’s vocals.

No comments:

Post a Comment