Monday, June 12, 2017

Number 5: The Bucketheads - The Bomb!

The Bomb!” by “The Bucketheads
Requested by “ForPat NJoe”

Reaction to Name/Title and Predictions

Band name sounds familiar, if a band, which I’ll predict it is. I’ll say a metal band and a song. Not a slow-paced song, moderate to fast pacing, I’m guessing. I’ll guess 70’s rock/metal. Not hard or heavy metal though. Not raising my hopes or expectations this time. Though, the band and song name don’t have great appeal to me anyway. Lyrics wise, I think it will be about the atomic bomb.

Reaction from the first Listen

I went with this video, as the one provided was no longer available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8iqZMEwDfk

Dope beat (no it was not on purpose) and very rhythmic. I loved it, the progression too. It’d be great in a rhythm game. Sound was clean-cut. I was wrong with all of my predictions other than the pacing which I chose a range for. I’m not the biggest fan of brass (compared to chamber and mostly string instruments, but also: percussion and woodwind instruments), but it wasn't bad here and is sometimes great

Review/Thoughts


Clean-cut sound, dope beat, and has nice progression. Pleasurable listening all the way through. Original is just as dope, not sure which I was supposed to listen to (did both). Not much difference though. I give it a “Hey, that’s pretty gooooood!!” out of “Hell yeah!”

No comments:

Post a Comment