Saturday, June 10, 2017

Number 2: Headless Chickens - Juice

Juice” by “Headless Chickens
Requested by “ForPat NJoe”

Reaction to Name/Title and Predictions

As far as I know, I am unfamiliar with the band/artist and song/piece. I think they both might sound a little familiar though. My gut is still telling me rock band and song. If at once you fail, try again, right? I do also have a feeling it could be a rap artist, but I should only make one prediction. I’m going to guess this song came out in the 80’s. Headless Chickens is a pretty good title for a band though (if a band). I’ll say, a moderately popular song and band/artist.

Reaction from the first Listen

I went with this video, as the one provided was no longer available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zPCBN5Qbiw

Hey! I was right! A rock band (and a song). I wasn’t thinking it would be this low-key and mellow though. The vocalist has a pretty voice and the song seems to be about nostalgia, which could be appropriate, depending on who’s childhood (given the tone). I think it’s not as old of a song as I thought it would be, but it has that old-timey feel to it for the (I’m assuming) nostalgic narrative. I just realized I didn’t even think to try to predict the meaning in this and the last request before listening (nor how I thought this one would sound). A pretty simple and straightforward song, quite melodic as well at a lot of parts.

Review


The lyrics are straight to the point (I have watched TV Shows as a child I cannot recall as well). At one point in the lyrics, about waking up in the darkness. I’m not sure if that just means waking up early enough that the sun hasn’t rose yet or something darker, I’ll figure the former. I enjoyed the song, it was short and simple as well as slow-paced. The instrumental play in the background got pretty interesting at some points and overall was pretty interesting, doesn’t sound too familiar. I think the simplicity of the song, lyrics, and vocals are reflective of what the song is about. The discord in some of the music fits with the band name of headless chicken, how they still move after they are decapitated. I think that’s why I though something darker could have been going on, still unsure. I give the song a gala apple out of a banana, sweet and savory/juicy, but not my favorite fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment