Monday, June 12, 2017

Number 4: The Specials - Ghost Town

Ghost Town” by “The Specials
Requested by “ForPat NJoe”

Reaction to Name/Title and Predictions

Third time's the charm, even if I got it right the second time. Plus the band name sounds familiar. Predicting rock band and a song. I’ll guess 90’s rock. Slow pace, mellow and melancholic tone, maybe. I like the name of the song, in fact, I think I know of a song by the same name, a different one though. Lyrics wise I just predict it will have something to do with a ghost town. I’m so so insightful and observant, right? I really think outside of the box.

Reaction from the first Listen

Well then, that was unexpected, not even sure what to say. I’d say it was on the slower side, but not that slow. Definitely not rock, it is the band though. Alternative, it sounds, and lots of other things. Not even sure I enjoyed listening to it much. I guess I should say I’m not the biggest fan of reggae, but have heard reggae I really liked. I think the mash of so many genres was a contributor to my lack of enjoyment from listening to the song. I liked some parts, but it just didn’t seem to fit together to me, which can just be from unfamiliarity too. The start sounded like a track you’d hear at the movies. I think I expected more than I should have since I liked the name of the song as well as the band, which led to some disappointment.

Review/Thoughts

Lyrics:

A town that once had a community is now a ghost town.

Sound:


I’m not sure what instrument it was, probably an electronic one that I lied the sound of. I liked some of the vocals and some parts of the song for sure. I liked the beginning, end, and some of the in-between (through everything going on at those points). I give it a “huh?” out of okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment