Monday, June 12, 2017

Number 3: Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name of

Killing in the Name of” by “Rage Against the Machine
Requested by “ForPat NJoe”

Reaction to Name/Title and Predictions

“So you want me to review this song, huh? Well... Fuck you, I won’t do what you tell me. FUCK YOU, I won’t do what you tell me! FUCK YOU! I WON’T DO WHAT YOU TELL MEEE!” -bad jokes brought to you by Taz, 2017. Yeah, I know the band and song. Classic, not literally though.

Reaction from the first Listen

Couldn’t tell you. It was ages ago.

Review/Thoughts

Lyrics:

As far as I can tell, it’s about the police force being zombies and some belonging to the Ku Klux Klan. If not the police force being zombies (and only taking orders from higher up command when a lot of what they do is not so moral at least in the USA and has been for a long time), than us listening to the government/police/authority.

Sound:


Inharmonious sound most of the time, of course, which is fitting for the message. Not a fan of the vocals, they get repetitive, not much variety and with repeated lines. Not much vocal range used and not too pleasing to listen to. It’s not displeasing to listen to either though. It could be said that it fits with the view of police which are similar to zombies, usually (soldiers as well). I give it a popular song out of mainstream music.

No comments:

Post a Comment